- Lockdown Fuels Rise In Start-Ups As Entrepreneurial Brits Drive Ecommerce Boom
- JTX Fitness Chooses ArrowXL To Support Customer Service Commitment
- Celebrating the women keeping the country moving during Covid
- CitySprint to recruit over 750 couriers across the UK ahead of the Christmas rush
- Justdiggit and Webfleet Solutions launch ‘Green Your Fleet’
Sendcloud, an all-in-one shipping platform for e-commerce businesses, has today announced its launch into the UK market.
From today, Sendcloud’s all-in-one shipping platform will enable British online retailers to scale their business across Europe.
Online sales in the UK have skyrocketed lately, showing year-on-year growth of 51.6%, with further growth set to come in from demand outside the UK in the coming years.
According to Sendcloud’s recently commissioned e-commerce report, 53% of European shoppers regularly order from international online stores, yet many consumers are still being left frustrated at the time and expense of international delivery services.
Sendcloud’s all-in-one shipping platform reduces the complexity of international shipping by giving online retailers access to local carriers across Europe, turning cross-border shipping into a stress-free, sales accelerator.
The platform automates the challenges retailers face in the shipping and delivery process, reducing costs and improving delivery times while providing retailers with a full-service system that works from checkout to returns:
- Checkout – Offer customers the best carriers and delivery options at checkout.
- Shipping – Create a customised, scalable and flawless shipping workflow.
- Tracking – Brand the tracking experience and excite customers while they wait.
- Returns – Make returns hassle free and get a complete overview of incoming returns.
The launch of the platform in the UK will provide online retailers with the ability to integrate their e-commerce store with UK-based shipping carriers such as Royal Mail, DPD, UPS and Hermes, as well as both major and local European carriers.
Rob van den Heuvel, CEO and Co-founder at Sendcloud comments, “While bricks and mortar stores continue to recover from the pandemic, e-commerce is booming and as a result, the online customer experience is becoming more demanding.
“Handing over a parcel is no longer a simple business transaction but part of the overall customer experience, so creating a seamless experience is a win-win situation for both online retailers and consumers. Launching Sendcloud into the UK market provides a great opportunity for us to empower British e-commerce businesses and retailers with a simple, scalable shipping solution.”
Founded in the Netherlands in 2012, Sendcloud has quickly
become one of the fastest growing scale-ups and leading e-commerce shipping
solutions in Europe, currently helping over 15,000 online retailers to automate
their shipping processes.
Entering the UK market is the next step in the company’s rapid growth plans, which has already seen it claim a position in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and the FT1000 for several years. In 2017, Sendcloud secured Series-A investment of €5 million, helping the business generate €33.6 million revenue in 2018 and an annual revenue growth rate of 112 percent.