- Hermes revamps parcel delivery experience with IMImobile
- Palletways UK Customers Set To Benefit From Improved Access To The Italian Market
- The importance of ‘what if?’
- Beware Red Friday: Chasing Black Friday Shoppers Will Push High Street Retailers into the Red
- John Lewis & Partners targets greater store efficiencies with Paragon
Gittins, who brings 34 years’ experience in the logistics sector to the role, has taken over from Dave Walmsley who left recently. Gittins joined Palletways in September 2007 as UK Sales Director and took responsibility for driving the growth of Palletways Fulfilment in 2012. He joined the UK Board shortly afterwards.
James Wilson, CEO of the Palletways Group, said: “We are delighted to appoint Rob as Managing Director for Palletways UK. With eleven years at Palletways, Rob is ideally placed to continue the high levels of growth we have seen in recent years. His track record of securing new commercial contracts and developing our UK Fulfilment business is excellent and means he has the insight and experience to lead our efforts to drive pallet volumes, new customers and increase our UK membership, ensuring further success in the future.”
Gittins added: “Despite challenging nationwide trading conditions, the Palletways UK business is in great shape. We have a record number of network members, game changing ETA technology to enable delivery time certainty and enhanced delivery services, like new evening deliveries. All of these factors underpin our commitment to customer service excellence.”