- Using technology to cut down on administrative time
- How COVID-19 is Affecting Shipping Times
- Fixing communications: A persistent pain point
- Consumers drive growth in UK subscription box market as popularity soars
- GMB And Uber Pledge To End Exploitation Of More Than 200,000 Drivers On Ride-Hailing Apps
Logistics UK’s Van Awards, supported by Van Excellence, are back for 2021 to recognise and reward the operators who have risen to the challenge of operating in the COVID-19 environment, placing driver wellbeing, safety, efficiency, innovation, and sustainability at the heart of their businesses. With nominations now open, the business group is urging all operators to apply now for the chance to be recognised as the ‘best of best’ in this vital market.
Culminating with an awards ceremony to be held at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham on Friday 24th September 2021 with a drinks reception and three course lunch, the awards will celebrate the operators who have made a significant contribution to the industry over the past 12 months. Nominations close Friday 23rd July 2021. The awards are supported by the Van Gold Partners: The AA, Bott Ltd, Brigade Electronics, Hertz UK Ltd, Lex Autolease, Quartix, and TVL.
David Wells, Chief Executive of Logistics UK, comments: “Van operators have played an essential role in supporting the nation during the COVID-19 pandemic; now, it is time we recognise and reward their incredible determination, versatility and care, by celebrating their achievements at Logistics UK’s Van Awards 2021. The winners of the awards will truly represent the ‘best of the best’: the businesses and individuals that place quality and excellence at the heart of their operations. Whether operating a large fleet or a single vehicle, I encourage all van operators committed to excellence to enter these awards or nominate an esteemed peer.”
Nominations are now open for the following categories:
- Best Pandemic Response, sponsored by Quartix
- SME Van Operator of the Year, sponsored by TVL
- Winning at Wellbeing, sponsored by Bott
- Diversity and Inclusion Award, sponsored by Hertz
- Keeping your Show on the Road, sponsored by AA
- Most Innovative Van Operator of the Year, sponsored by Brigade Electronics
- Sustainable Van Operator of the Year, sponsored by Lex Autolease
- Van Safety and Compliance Award, sponsored by Logistics UK
All the winners of the Van Awards will be shortlisted automatically for the Van Operator of the Year category at Logistics UK’s Logistics Awards 2021, taking place on 9 December 2021 at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in London.
For more information, and to enter the awards, please visit: logistics.org.uk/vanawards21. Entries close midnight on Friday 23rd July 2021.