- Covid-19: Ten steps retailers, importers and delivery companies must take to reduce its impact
- Waste systems are ‘Go’ with paperless solution from Mandata
- Smart Delivery Network, Gophr, Launches In 5 New UK Cities Ahead Of National Expansion
- Verizon Connect launches Reveal Field - integrated field service management solution
- ArrowXL Launches New Service Enhancement Initiative
Hermes, the consumer delivery specialist, is to increase its ability to collect and deliver large items, in excess of 18kg, following demand from some of the UK’s leading retailers. As a result, the company is actively seeking independent van operators to join the firm as ‘service partners’.
Hermes is better known for delivering smaller items, over 1 million each day, however the company has provided a nationwide service for larger items for over 40 years on a separate dedicated van network, utilising contracted service partners. It is now looking to increase these volumes by in excess of 20% year-on-year, which is being facilitated by its substantial infrastructure investment and new Digital Futures+ programme. This in turn will continue to underpin the company’s commitment to delivery excellence.
Carl Lyon, Operations Director Delivery Experience at Hermes UK, said: “We are looking to increase our range of services for larger items across the UK, providing more frequent deliveries and collections. Getting the right service partners on board is key for us as they must be committed to delivering an exceptional service, whilst ensuring that we continue to meet the ULEZ emissions standards as they are rolled out across the UK’s major cities.”