- TruTac prove Cyber credentials with multiple accreditations
- Hermes To Open New Purpose-Built Northern Depot In Bolton Creating 100 More Jobs
- Tips to keep manufacturing and warehouse teams motivated
- Chaos for UK logistics operators following EU trade deal
- Hermes Launches ‘What’s In The Box’ To Further Improve Returns Service
The funding is being provided in preparation for the UK’s departure from the European Union.
The Institute of Export & International Trade provides training to businesses looking to learn about Customs Procedures and Declarations, which this grant funding will be applicable against, including the following courses:
- Customs Procedures and Documentation
- Customs Classification and Tariff Codes
- Understanding Rules of Origin, Free Trade Agreement and Export Preference
- Introduction to Exporting
- Introduction to Importing
- Advanced Exporting
- Advanced Importing
- Post Brexit Planning Workshop
- Post Brexit Documentation and Compliance
The funding is only available for companies who:
- complete customs declarations for themselves or someone else (or intend to in the future)
- are established or have a branch in the UK
This includes customs brokers, freight forwarders and fast parcel operators.
The grant will cover up to 50% of the training for the business’ employees up to a limit of £750 per employee on a course. The funding cannot be used towards the existing costs of training already being undertaken, or for unrelated training courses. The training does not need to lead to a formal qualification.
A grant towards implementing IT improvements that aid a business’ customs processes are also available. To apply for this IT grant companies must have 250 or fewer employees, an annual turnover of £50 million or less, and be currently completing customs declarations for importers and exporters.
The Institute of Export & International Trade welcomes any new support for the country’s exporters, especially given the impact that Brexit will undoubtedly have on the processes involved when moving goods into the EU. Our training courses are ideal for companies looking to apply for the funding.
More information about the grants and how to apply will be published on Price Waterhouse Cooper’s website in early December.