- Will Santa’s helpers get your parcel delivered in time for Christmas?
- Will self-driving vehicles result in job losses?
- Hermes Announces Leadership Changes As Part of Growth Strategy
- Whistl continues to grow through client wins and renewals
- Connected vehicle camera footage highlights dangers of rural roads
Today, DSV starts operations for Primark out of a new logistics centre in the Netherlands. The 65,000m2 warehouse located in Roosendaal in the south of the country is owned by the client and runs on Primark’s Warehouse Management System. Similarly to the successful Irish operation from Naas, the Roosendaal facility processes carton and GOH outbound orders to supply Primark stores throughout France and Italy.
The operation creates employment for about 200 FTE in the first year alone.
“This go-live is an important step in the long-standing relation between Primark and DSV and we are proud of the results both our and Primark’s teams have achieved in the setup of this facility,” comments Peter van der Maas, Managing Director DSV Solutions The Netherlands.
David James, Primark’s Logistics Director adds: “Primark is delighted to open this new distribution centre in Roosendaal in partnership with DSV. As the company continues to grow in Europe, this new facility will be of great importance to ensure that Primark’s ‘amazing fashion at amazing prices’ reaches stores in a timely manner.”