- Logistics UK Presses Government For Temporary Driver Visas To Ease Supply Chain Issues
- Royal Mail delivers flowers seven days a week for Bloom & Wild
- Controlling compliance within logistics
- Hermes Increases ‘Green Fleet’ Again As Part Of Ongoing Sustainability Drive
- Cannes Film Festival Fashion Emergency Averted
Leading 2-person delivery company ArrowXL is trialling an extension to its established Highland service with Argos which will see customers on the main Scottish Islands – including Shetland – able to order large items for home delivery from the leading on-line retailer, on an available day of their choice at prices that match the rest of the UK. Customers will also benefit from ArrowXL’s network of local service providers who offer regular communication about the progress of the delivery.
Laurence Garnett, Head of Supply Chain and Logistics Strategy at Sainsbury’s said: “Argos is committed to delivering convenience and flexibility for customers alongside outstanding choice and value. It’s our mission to make their lives easier and this trial will mean that whether shoppers are in Shetland or the Western Isles, they can choose from around 20,000 products and get them delivered quickly and conveniently. We’ll be listening closely to customer and colleague feedback over the next few months.”
Charlie Shiels, CEO at ArrowXL, said: “We are working closely with Argos to promote service equality across the UK and give choice and certainty to 41,000 additional homes in the Scottish Islands “